Bang Opik, a friend of mine who lives in Medan, Indonesia, ask me a question about how to open a .djvu file that he downloaded. After searching through Google, I found out that WinDjView is one of softwares for viewing .djvu files.
DJVU is a file extention is a kind of similar to but smaller than PDF.
After downloaded and extracted the zip, I then send the WinDjView-0.5.exe to him. I don’t why, he said he couldn’t open the .djvu file he got. Hmmm…
What I am writing here is a step by step process to open a .djvu file. Ready, Bang Opik?
- Download WinDjView software at http://windjview.sourceforge.net/. It’s available for Windows and MacOS. I’ve also uploaded the Windows version at http://www3.bigupload.com/files/NOZUNRR157/WinDjView-0.5.exe.zip.html
- Extract the zip file (if you chose to download a .zip or .rar file rather than .exe) to get the aplication. Skip this step if you already got the WinDjView-0.5.exe.
- Run the WinDjView-0.5.exe by double-clicking it.
- Choose Open in File menu on the application and select desired .djvu file. Click Open.
- Now, you read and print the DJVU document.
Thanks to Andrew Zhezherun who created an awesome WinDjView program. Please make some donation if you like the program.